Before you start your summer, come in for an oral cancer screening. In the USA, thousands of people will have their oral cancer screenings this year with over 40,000 people being diagnosed every year with the hazardous disease. Ensure the best chance of recovery by catching it in time.
Listed below are some of the most commonly discovered symptoms of oral cancer:
– Look for hints of unexplained bleeding that is not easily stopped.
– Check for visible damage to your mouth, such as eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, and bumps, as well as for sores and lesions that do not heal after 2 weeks.
– Check for a persistent sore throat or the feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, as well as breakdowns in your chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing skillsets.
– Dramatic weight loss that is not easily explained could be an indication of cancer.
– Look for discolored patches on your gums, typically ones that are white and red.
– Check for hints of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck areas.
To learn more about oral cancer and to schedule a visit, contact Dr. John Lee and our team at John Lee, DDS by calling us at 559-439-9621. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or oral cancer screening, our dentist office is located in Fresno, California. We are here to proudly keep your smile healthy and happy.