If you do not take care of your smile as well as you can, serious disorders such as periodontal disease can develop. Periodontal disease, also referred to as gum disease is the result of infections in the gum tissue which is often caused by bacteria and plaque buildup within the mouth. Here are a few tips about the stages of periodontal disease:
– Are your teeth sliding or wobbling out of position?
– Are you taking any hazardous substances, such as drugs or tobacco?
– Do your gums look irregular, including signs of inflammation, excessive swelling, or tenderness when touched or used?
– Have you been in to see your dentist recently for an oral checkup?
– Do your gums bleed regularly during mealtime or while brushing or flossing?
– Are you taking any medications that have dry mouth as a recognized symptom?
– Are you recurrently suffering from bad breath, also recognized as halitosis, which continues to return even after brushing and flossing?
– Are your gums drawing back from your teeth, making your teeth look longer than normal?
If you suffer from gum disease, contact John Lee, DDS at 559-439-9621 to see which oral health care treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. John Lee and our team at our dentist office in Fresno, California, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We are here to help you get your smile back on track!